InTouch 10.1 Alarm Summary

pauloroberto

Hello everyone,

I'm experience a problem that seems like many opened cases in here but none is exacly like mine is.

We work with intouch and it talks with kepware 5 by modbus TCP. The main problem is with alarm summary management. I do the management basically at my CLP so when a alarm condition is on, I set a bit, the alarm summary gets that, operator reckon and it return to me another tag to let me know the operator acknowledge the alarm.
So, the main problem is that many times, we reckon and we don't get the bit back. There's no pattern, it occurs with many alarms so it is now a script problem I think.
I wonder if there's a way for condition alarm summary to put the alarm to ACK only if it receives a confirmation like a PLC bit
I've made a call to wonderware and they have sent me a software configuration to make my system works smoother because I guess they think we are overcharged, but I guess it is not the problem.

Does someone has a good configuration or script to share?
We have made a troubleshooting and we are sure the problem is the comunication between Intouch and Kepware they don't talk as good as they needed.

My config is:
My PLC scan is 200 ms
Kepware scan is 1000 ms
Intouch update for Time Variables 1000 ms
Intouch Tick Interval: 100 ms

Thanks
PR

Although you are using CLP here is an example of alarm handling in GE RX3i logic.
Is this how you are handling the alarms in your PLC?
Also...if you change the "alarm bit" in the logic (in the RX3i logic) to Latch and then Unlatch on Acknowledge, you can hold the alarm on till acknowledged..even if it clears.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=92928

Last edited:
Hi, thank you for your help.
My problem is similar to that post. I do have a alarm management in my CLP and it works. Also, I do hold the alarm untill it is acknowledged by the operator and that's the main problem. The SCADA (Intouch) for many times say that the alarm is ACK but it doesn't send the acknowlegment back to CLP and it makes the operator crazy because the buzzer stills on without an alarm.
I've seen some posts about this kind of problem with Intouch but not a solution.
Intouch lack in have a system of acknowledgement apart from CLP so it puts an alarm as ACK without confirm it to CLP. It has its own alarm management and don't let us to make our own.
I wonder if someone did a very good script to solve that.

Let CLP send a bit to Intouch that acknowledges the Intouch alarm when the operator presses the Alarm ACK button?

Have you looked into these alarm acknowledge functions?
Ack(), almAckAll(), almAckGroup(), almAckTag(), almAckDisplay(), almAckRecent(), almAckSelect(), almAckSelectedGroup(), almAckSelectedPriority(), almAckSelectedTag()

YEP, but still have the problem. They don't let me put a TAG as a condition to they move from UNACK to ACK. They make their own management.