Day of week AOI error in RSLogix 5000

rta53

Lifetime Supporting Member
On a few occasions I have used the Day of Week add-on instruction that is included with v16 of RSLogix 5000 and it has seemed to work fine until a recently discovered anomaly. I started up a Compact Logix system in December and this instruction is part of my program. It worked as expected. However last week I started up a Control Logix project and noticed that although it was Monday the Day of Week AOI was returning a 6 for Monday instead of 1 as expected. In other words it was 2 days behind with Sunday being 0, Monday being 1, etc. Here is the kicker, if I change the date in the controller to a day in December or any day after Feb.. 28 the AOI gives me the correct day of week again. I don't know if someone at Rockwell programmed this instruction or if it was submitted be a 3rd party but if anyone here has used this instruction have you seen this issue or know of a fix for it?

Note: I also posted this in the Rockwell Automation Forum so my apologies to those who might have read this there also.