Staging in DL05 w/ DirectSoft

powermonkey

Is there any special steps i have to take to tell directsoft or the plc to use stage logic (rll?).

+------+
|ISG S0|
+------+
|
|--]X7[-----------(JMP S1)
|-----------------(END)
+------+
|SG..S1|
+------+
|--]X5[-----------(JMP S1)
|

If i run the following program and flip X7, it will highlight S1, however it won't process any of the lines in S1. So when i reset X7 (to stay out of a loop) and flip X5, it will sit in S1. Any ideas? Is there something wrong with my synthax, is there something that i have to setup in directsoft? Im truly lost here.

Your end statement should be the last line.
You are probably thinking subroutines. It doesn't work that way in Stage.

Nevermind i just solved my own problem, the end is the key :). Where would be a good place to put the end statement? and when does the program "start"? as in how would i jump out of end?

Make the end statement the last line. Stages should always be above the end unlike subroutines.

I don't understand your last statement about jumping out of end? A jump simply turns on the specified stage and turns off the one that you were in.

There can actually be 2 END statements. They come at the end of two sections of the program. The second section is entirely optional. It would contain Interrupt processing routines (INT), subroutines (SBR)and Data label (DLBL). Everyting else (standard ladder and ladder logic contained within stages) goes in the first section.

The DL05 manual contains an excellent tutorial on RLLPlus Stage Programming. All the items shown would go in the first section.

All SG sections are terminated by the start of the next stage except for the last which is terminated by the rung containing the END statement.

The scan starts at the top, processing all standard logic which may be before the first stage, then any stages which are active (the ISG stages becoming ative on program start up). If any interrupts occur or any GTS (Go To Subroutine) commands are encountered then the appropriate code in the second section is processed as they occur then control comes back to the main scan. The scan ends at the first END statement. After the overhead processing the scan begins again at the top.