Direct Logic

jwtdjt

I have a direct logic DL05 PLC. I need to program in 2 timers and I have never used times before. I want the unit to be on and cycle off after 90 minutes, then cycle on and off every 15 seconds for 30 minutes. These timers are nothing but confusing to me. I am using DirectSOFT software..

Can you translate your discription to ladder logic?

jwtdjt said:
I have a direct logic DL05 PLC. I need to program in 2 timers and I have never used times before. I want the unit to be on and cycle off after 90 minutes, then cycle on and off every 15 seconds for 30 minutes.

jwtdjt,

Is there a input to turn on the "unit"? Like a selector switch maybee?

Is there only one output? With the hundered word limit software there won't be room for much more.

You want 90 min of time and in that time you want the unit to cycle on for 15 sec. How much off time do you want? And you want the off and on cycle to run for 30 min What about the remaining 60 min of that 90 min time, what are you wanting to do with that?

At risk of being beat into submission, beyond any chance showing my face in the great world of plcs.net ever again, and/or any risk of people laughing, fighting, loving or any other thing beyond my control…I will take a stab… there are many ways that this logic can be done, also there are unknown variables that have not been discussed.

I want the unit to be on and cycle off after 90 minutes,
part one...

parta.gif

cycle on and off every 15 seconds for 30 minutes.

part two...

partb.gif

Damn you have to go through a lot of **** just to write a little code....

BTW...I think it would work, but you would need to debug it :D

I want the unit to be powered on for 90 minutes. After that 90 minutes, I want the unit to cycle on for 15 seconds, then off for 15 seconds, on for 15 seconds, off for 15 seconds, for a total of 30 minutes. Total time for the program is 2 hours.

Yes, there is going to be a reset switch. And I would like to have this program run on 6 outputs. However, one would be a start......

So... input on part two is ct10 which starts timer T0. I will debug and give it a shot. Thanks a million. I have never used timers before and I am having a killer time getting this to sink in.

Thanks again.

You can post your code here after you write it...we will help you trouble shoot it (debug), the AD manuals are very good, they are free in PDF format from their website, but I find it easier with the real coppies

Hope your project tunrs out good...