CLICK PLC communication problems

Thank you very much, its on the way!

Sitting here trying to connect with a cable that I had ( rj12 to serial to usb) and nothing with default settings. So I'm running the autodetect and I am at about node 70 and still going... should it find it? Would it stop the auto detect when it finds it or will it run all 247 nodes? Again it could be the cable and I will be able to try when I get the one from you. But what would be my next steps if this doesnt work?

I also read that the program doesnt hang around more than an hour without a battery. So I unplugged mine for about an hour and a half, for good measure, and it still retained the settings and program. Is my model (C0-12DD2E-D) the one that holds memory for 7 days?

The RJ12 to serial cable is most likely your issue. You must make sure the serial pins match the correct pins in the RJ12 socket. I made a cable for a click not too long ago, and if I recall a simple 3 wire set up will work. I don’t believe I used the RTS. See page 15.

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/static/manuals/c0userm/ch4.pdf

My cable plugged into a key span adapter and worked fine.

Or you can just wait on the correct cable.

Does the RX2 led blink when you try to connect? With no project, and by default the Port2 is set for Modbus, Node1, 38400, odd, 1
But if you loaded a project already then you'll need to check those port settings are.

It's only the retentive memory that needs the battery.

Glad to hear it!!

well now back to the original problem... I cannot get Advanced HMI on the raspberry pi to communicate with the PLC. I changed the ip address on the PLC to 192.168.2.20 and just looked at the Raspberry's ip and realized that it was the same subnet that the PLC used to be as well as my Laptop used to be (169.254.). I also changed my laptop to 192.168..

Your going to need Archie or someone from Advanced to chime in on that one... have you tried their user forum ?

169.254 is known as an "automatic private IP"... It's what you get when your device is setup to get its IP from a DHCP server, and there is no DHCP server available.

What you want is a static IP address

I googled static IP raspberry pi and got this. Obviously you can have so many different Linux variants on Raspberry, and also Windows, so if this doesn't work, keep searching.

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberr...-your-raspberry-pi-a-static-ip-address-update