WinCC Flex. 2007 doens't start

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my WinCC Flexible 2007 Advanced + HF4 running on XP Professial logged in as an Administrator.
Wenn I open it, it will show me the startup screen, ... and then close it back again.
Always the same, never a message or anything. Allready reinstalled it (didn't delete the registry manually after deinstallation).

Have had the advice to reinstall all WinCC & Step 7 again, and after deinstalling I would have to manually delete some keys from the registry. However, I hate to loose that much time again.
Does anyone here have a better solution?
thx allready.
HGE

CharlesM said:
Its not finding the license.

Both licences are installed. I normally have a separate partition to store Simatic licences, I also tried to transfer it to the same partition as where WinCC is installed upon.
Doesn't help.

Is the WinCC 2007 install an upgrade or full package?

If its an upgrade you need to merge the old licence with the new.

Did you use "rebuild all" to compile the project ?

Some more things to try:

Try with a dummy project.

Or, start WinCC Flex RT from the start menu, with no project specified. Then browse to your project file when asked for which project to start.

Definitely sounds like a license issue. Try moving the license to a temporary location (like a USB stick). Then reboot the computer and try and run WinCC Flex. Then reinstall the license and see if that works. Failing that you could try and reinstall the latest edition of the License Manager..