time synchronization on magelis hmistu655

mwiadrowski

has anyone experienced a problem with setting up the time synchronization on hmi stu655(smallest magelis)?
what plc address (m340) did you use?
i tried %sw70, %sw51 and none of them is working.
after i load program to hmi, it reboots and stay on :"waiting for time sync".
thanks

Last edited:
I assuming the screen is setup correctly (help file shows exactly how to do this).I think you will have to convert the real time clock values to an array of 4 integers then use those 4 words to send to screen. Use the rrtc_dt block to capture the time the use the dt_arint to write into an array of 4 integers. I havent used time synchro yet on the screens but i think this should work

xbt.jpg

Interesting, I recently tried doing this with the XBT range, but it says the Clock variables are read-only.

I could not find reference to a date instruction anywhere, is it also possible in the XBT range?

Awser

You can use script fonction :

boolean Sys.setTime(int hours, int minutes, int seconds);

Example :

Sys.setTime(12, 0, 0);

patbou,

Welcome to the Forum.

This is a three year old thread, but your info is welcome.

Using scripting is one method, but the recommended way to synchronize time and date variables between a PLC's Real Time Clock and a Schneider HMI, is by using the Dialog Table Functions in Vijeo Designer. The Dialog Table is available under the properties of your Equipment setup up in the I/O Manager. Using any of the supported drivers available in Vijeo Designer, the following Schneider Magelis terminals support clock synchronization by using the Dialog Table:

iPC Series
HMISTO Series
HMISTU Series
XBGTC series
XBTGH Series
XBTGK Series
XBTGT Series
XBTGTW Series

lostcontrol, if you're still curious, that should hopefully answer your XBT question.

I've only done this before using Rockwell drivers in Vijeo, but not with Schneider's Modicon PLCs, as the opening question relates to.
But the Dialog Table should work once Vijeo Designer has a driver for the PLC.

G.

Dialog_Table.jpg

Hi guys, Happy New Year to all!

I am trying to achieve same thing as described above. I am using Wago 750-881 as PLC and HMISTU HMI. I have done all steps above and from the document link below but had no success so far. The values I save in PLC memory look correct and HMI have access to relevant addresses and reads them fine (using Numeric display for example). But for some reason clock and date do not get synchronized.

Any clues what am I missing?

Schneider document - https://www.google.bg/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.schneider-electric.com%2Fresources%2Fsites%2FSCHNEIDER_ELECTRIC%2Fcontent%2Flive%2FFAQS%2F236000%2FFA236801%2Fen_US%2FVijeo%2520Designer%2520V5.1.0%2520Guide%2520-%2520HMISTO%2520and%2520HMISTU%2520Time%2520Synchronization.doc&ei=sjS6VKzcBIfzUvqfg4gL&usg=AFQjCNHNOt3wCacJsYQvXTXkOl54wPJR5Q&sig2=zSmpwwzbiKUgYVFp-MNX8Q&bvm=bv.83829542,d.d24

^propably you have incorrect time format for time syncronization on plc side. Time need to be bcd code integer and have same format than schneider plcs.

Another method for dialog table is code script to magelis, wich read plc's time and convert and write it to HMI's clock cyclically. (allready mentioned on post #5,

boolean Sys.setTime(int hours, int minutes, int seconds);

another fuction is for year, month, day.

boolean Sys.setDate(int year4, int month, int day);

Last edited:
Thank you Lare!

Script did the job, I did not try BCD format change, suppose it will work too.

Small issue is that the script is not functioning if I set it as an "On Startup" action. Suppose the variables are not initialized or read yet. Maybe I can use some delay/wait function in the script to pass that?

you can trigger also script periocally or daily/weekly at given time not only at startup.

Dialog table also runs with given periods, so your script would then do just same thing...

Yes, I am using periodic action at the moment, works fine.

I have turned off the dialog table, I am not sure it does anything now, as my data is not in the required format.

Stuck at this issue

Hello guys,

I just follow the instruction from Schneider electric(attached).
But the result My HMI can't get synchronize with PLC, and there is an massage appear on display "Waiting for Time Sync".
I wait for a long time but there is no response.
Please give me advice.šŸ™ƒ

Nb:
I already tried to make script

"boolean Sys.setTime(int hours, int minutes, int seconds);

another fuction is for year, month, day.

boolean Sys.setDate(int year4, int month, int day);"

But it said syntax error..

It is probably because you also need sync program on PLC side.
This Schneider's FAQ don't mention it.
Now if you donƤt have time format right on PLC side, then HMI won't sync and you are on endless loop.

For correcting message, but not time sync probles, you can select from magelis setting, that screen is started after delay. is clock synced or not.

https://www.se.com/si/sl/faqs/index?...US#__highlight

https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA372335/

I have somewhere correct example of settings on plc side. It was before also on Schneider's web site.

Which PLC?

Schneider M340, M580, M2xx?