New 1747-PIC Service Pack 3 Patch

Thanks..

This series of threads culminating in this fix has also saved me (and my company) a great deal of heartache!! A belated THANK YOU 👼👼

Cheers, Emlyn

Thanks man, glad it worked out. This reminds me, someone contacted me about making the install directory selectable. I gotta look into that one of these days.

Greetings. I applied the fix. (thank you) I still get the Window Logo compatibility error but now it lets me get the PIC driver running. The thing is, when it starts browsing I get a RSLinx Classic Communications Server has encountered a problem and needs to close.

-I have a native SP3 PC
-I am using a 1747-PIC cable purchased from plccable.com (I get the same error when the cable is plugged in as unplugged.

:sick:

-I am using a 1747-PIC cable purchased from plccable.com (I get the same error when the cable is plugged in as unplugged.

I have sent a lot of customers to this thread for the 'patch' you are the first that I know of that has had issues and it not work, have you rebooted your PC after installing the fix?

The error you are getting is not from the cable but you can return the cable for a credit or money back if you are not able to get it working... I will also give you a discount if you need to upgrade to the 1747-UIC

I am very happy with the cable, it works well with my other programming laptop running SP2.

The only thing I haven't tried is to re-install Linx and I will try that when I get back to work.

Other people who got it to work, did they still get the Windows Logo error? Or is that just me too?

Not sure... I test them on a XP service pack 2 PC so I have never done the update that Dustin wrote, we will need to wait for someone that has done the update to comment on the error window

It's been quite some time but I think the Windows compatibility warning comes up no matter what version of XP and whether the "patch" has been applied or not.

edit: What version of Linx?

Worked flawlessly for me! Running XP born with SP3. After a few hours of frustration messing with setting in RSlinx and I don't know how many reboots. I was pulling my hair out... turned to internet for help and I I found it here!!! :geek:

Thank you for all the work you put into this patch... It saved me many more hours of aggravation.

Hello dmroeder,

First I have a native SP3 (or I think so because there's no SP3 under add/remove programs, is that really the way to tell it?).

Before I apply the patch, when I try adding 1747 PIC/AIC+ driver, there would be a pop-up message saying something like "the application didn't pass Windows logo" and the driver would always be on "Stopped" status.

Now after I applied the patch there's still the same pop-up message but no the driver is on "Running" status. Does this mean the patch actually has worked on me? Of course I'll try it on site when I got an appointment.

------
Side question, when I launch RSLinx (lite v2.41.00) there's this 1 driver "Linx Gateways, Ethernet" that I can't seem to delete, is that normal? Is that ok to run together with the PIC driver that I supposed to be using to upload PV600 RS-232 (DH485) using straight cable direct to laptop?

Also on PanelBuilder32 Upload File window, I should be selecting "RSLinx Network" as Transfer Type right? Would there supposed to be a node to appear under the PIC driver (under "Select Source/Autobrowse" that appeared after selecting RSLinx Network transfer type) when I'm already connected to the PV600?

Sorry for the basic and out of topic questions, I'll totally new to Allen Bradley. You can reply me via PM to keep the thread on right direction.

Thanks very much for your very helpful work, keep it up sir!

RSLinx PB32 Upload.png

Last edited:
Hello nicer. It's been quite some time since I've had to use XP so it starting to get fuzzy...

The message you get when you add the driver in Linx doesn't have anything to do with the patch. This is a message you get because driver is not a signed driver (not officially certified by MS). Or something like that.

The "Linx Gateways, Ethernet" is normal. This is always there.

Before you try tinkering with PB32, I'd make sure that Linx can see the PanelView. Normally when you highlight the PIC driver in Linx, it will show any devices right under that 00 Workstation. The option in PB32 for transfer type sounds right but it's been a while...

Hello nicer. It's been quite some time since I've had to use XP so it starting to get fuzzy...

The message you get when you add the driver in Linx doesn't have anything to do with the patch. This is a message you get because driver is not a signed driver (not officially certified by MS). Or something like that.

The "Linx Gateways, Ethernet" is normal. This is always there.

Before you try tinkering with PB32, I'd make sure that Linx can see the PanelView. Normally when you highlight the PIC driver in Linx, it will show any devices right under that 00 Workstation. The option in PB32 for transfer type sounds right but it's been a while...

I see, so the pop-up will really remaind, then I think the change from always "stopped" to now "running" might really be suggest something good!

I see, so the PV600 should appear under the 1747 PIC driver workstation on RSLinx indicating the communication was established.

If this would work out when I got on site, you would really save me from a rather heavy workload for me that's not so familiar with IT (I won't need to reformat this old laptop with a lot of important files and softwares!).

Thanks in any case!

Sir dmroeder,

I also noticed, the name of COM1 under Windows Device Manager also has changed to the name of my added 1747 PIC/AIC+ driver on RSLinx and it won't work on other device (e.g., Siemens S5) until I remove the driver from the RSLinx and the name would revert to normal "Communication Port".

Might this be a definitive indication that the 1747 PIC/AIC+ driver is indeed working already?

Thanks!

Last edited: