Any one have any manuals on programming 140CPU processors
Trying to figure out the syntax and method of entering
symbols and instructions is driving me nuts
Anyone have an LD code showing timers, counter and
general logic. I have spent three days trying to locate
manuals, tutorials, or samples on the web. Yes Schneider
has manuals but they cost a fortune, and this is self
learning so the cost would be out of pocket

what exactly are you having problems with? i will send you smaple code if you specify more

When you drop a module onto the chassis, I am used to having
the tags automaticaly created, it seems that you must not only
drop the module, you must also define the the tag address's,
then there seems to be no way to look at the tags again.
Also there seems to be no way to have the tag descriptions
atached to the instruction within the editor

ok here goes. the position on the rack should be numbered. the first slot after the cpu is usually #1. if lets say you have an input module on that position the first input adress will be %i0.1.0 The 1st 0 is the rack number. if you only have one rack then it will always be 0.
Lets say you have a output in the first slot then the 1st ouput will be %q0.1.0

Now in unity, under "variables and fb instances" in the application browser the is a "elementary variables" option. dbl click then this will open all the variables like inputs,outputs, internal memory etc.
enter a tag name or symbol , the type (ebool for digital ins and outs), and the address as explained above. When in the logic you can enter the symbol or address.
if you click on any symbol it will display the address and name in the bottom left of the unity screen. also if you just hold ur mouse over the tag it will popup a full description.

Just curious how does the other systems you worked with automatically create tags when u drop in a module? how does it know what you want to call those inputs or outputs. this seems like double work to me because you have to change the tags in anycase.
just ask if you need any further help

ooops didnt see what that you are using a quantem plc. the addressing works differently. will reply later with awnser

in ur project browser expand "configuration" it will show the layout of your plc rack or racks. next to each module is a number. this is ur slot on that specific rack. each rack also has a number. lets say you only have one rack and that you have an input card on slot 3.
(if you dbl click on that specicific input card you can specify where the inputs must begin i.e 0 or 1)
if you said 0 then the first input will be %ix.3.0
x=rack number which is clearly show under the configuration. with quantums the racks start at 1

this should help ur headaches

tag creation

Just curious how does the other systems you worked with automatically create tags when u drop in a module? how does it know what you want to call those inputs or outputs. this seems like double work to me because you have to change the tags in any case.
just ask if you need any further help

In RSLOGIX5000 lets say when a module is assigned a slot
in the chassis, the software creates a set of tags like this
In this example we will drop a 1756-IA16 into slot 1 of the
local chassis

A set of tags are automatically created that look like this

Local:1:I.Data
the inputs are addressed like this
Local:1:I.Data.0 - 31
what we do is alias a name to these for simplicity
so lets say a Photo Eye was physically connected to input
0 of the module located in slot 1 of the local chassis

The name of the Photo eye might be PE3
So we would alias the name of
PE3 to
Local:1:I.Data.0
Now we can drop an examine on instruction and call it PE3
and in reality it is
Local:1:I.Data.0

To easily view all of the tags we open the tag database
in a file section called Controller Tags located in the tree
and this lets us easily browse all the tags created or aliased
in a spread sheet manner as well as change any data associated
with them

Hope this helps

Of course the ease at which we work is based on the software
we work most with.

FWIW, I didn't like Unity that much until I figured out how to make my own function blocks. Once you have created your library of commonly used functions, programming becomes very fast. I really like structured text, since I think its easier to read than ladder.

One bummer is you have to use Modicon's OPC XML driver to use the Unity tagnames in your HMI. Otherwise you have to map everything to standard modicon addresses and use a modicon driver.

most hmi's allow you to link ur plc tags to ur hmi and just update them as the project grows. so then you dont have to create each one individually. or you can just export ur tags and then import then into hmi.

asterof, what you mention isnt autmatic tag generation. what you are mentioning is like every plc that i worked with. those adresses that it "generates" is its physical adress and cannot be anything else.
this is exactly the same way unity works as i explained above.
did you have a look at what i said you must do to create and view/edit the tags? like i said it is exactly the same as what you describe for rslogix

heres where you edit/create tags with their adresses. you can also create a list in excel and save as *.csv file and import into unity

tags_adresses.jpg

Look to your computer's My documents folder, there should be couple Unity example projects, which have copied there when you installed Unity pro. (demounitypro_xl_quantum.stu and demounitypro_xl_premium.stu files)

Lare

Now in unity, under "variables and fb instances" in the application browser the is a "elementary variables" option. dbl click then this will open all the variables like inputs,outputs, internal memory etc.

heres where you edit/create tags with their adresses. you can also create a list in excel and save as *.csv file and import into unity

I can't load anything from the destination stated.
What could be the possible cause?

saltek

what exactly are you having problems with? i will send you smaple code if you specify more

I, Im trying to build a lock-bell system on unity pro v4.It must work that you punch in your bell numbers (eg...1 to 0), and then you must push a transmit button to send the complete sequince to the plc

Can you help me

Thanks

m340 io mapping and elementary variables

hi
i have m340 project i learn on it with unity pro 7 i cant understand what is the relation between the address of io in mast io mapping he made as example
GEN_G2_LOC:=%I0.2.0; and same in elementary variable page as next
GEN_G2_LOC %MW0.10
is there equation or something to convert from %io.2.0 to %mw0.10 and why he didnot use it all like first formula - this project will be connected to citect scada