Question

All of your answers use more than just a T-ON timer.

I can't think of how to do this without at least an XIO and an OTE. Maybe a GEQ.

I thought he meant only one timer and not two. Of course you need other stuff than just the on-delay timer.

This will blink with 2s in between:

BlinkBlink.PNG

One elegant way of doing it would be to increment an integer at each 100 ms or so and then use the individual bits of that word for whatever frequency is desired. If it's a Siemens PLC, you won't even need a timer for that.

Here's a solution in Logix5000 using just two instructions...

Prize for the first person to correctly work out how it can be done....

Periodic Tasks?

Correct! You win 5 smileys :):):):):)

I set up two periodic tasks, one at 2000mS, and one at 4000mS. But there's also a configuration setting needed for them, to do with priorities.

Second prize goes to the person who can tell me which has the higher priority ?

The 2000mS task must have the higher priority. It will alternate between executing alone and executing along with the 4000mS. When they execute together, the 4000mS must go second and "overwrite" the action of the 2000mS.

Elapsed_Time := GetActualIntervalTime() + Elapsed_Time;

if Elapsed_Time >= 2000 then
Output_Timer := true;
else
Output_Timer := false;
end_if;

if Elapsed_Time >= 4000 then
Elapsed_Time := 0;
end_if;

The 2000mS task must have the higher priority. It will alternate between executing alone and executing along with the 4000mS. When they execute together, the 4000mS must go second and "overwrite" the action of the 2000mS.

Absolutely correct. Both periodic tasks will execute at 4000mS, so the 4000mS task has to "undo" what the 2000mS task did.

I would have thought that the higher priority here was to not give the OP (apparent student) any complete solutions. That's one redundant thought at this stage.

A "Welcome to the Forum!" wouldn't go astray here either.

But don't mind me. I'll probably be chewing out some other perceived presumptious student before the week is out.

Skitters and scholars, as you were.