IEC standard for PLC Programming

Dear Friends

There is a GE Fanuc PLC software called Versapro for programming the plc.This software is configured on the PC.In versapro I have written
programs for pipeline automation.The same program can be run on a different PLC.Is there any IEC standard for PLC programming.If then
GE fanuc's PLC software Versapro and the latest Cimplicity software
comply IEC standards. This question has some thing to do with my Dissertation in Masters.

Kindly Reply

IEC 61131-3 is the standard for PLC languages, but because of the way each manufacturer has interpreted the standard (quite apart from the fact that they usually include non-standard extensions) you are unlikely to be able to transport a programme from one PLC to another without having to modify it in some way.

yes IEC 61131-3 about Programming Industrial Automation system is the standar for PLC programming and automtation. But some PLC manufacturer use different symbol and label, so it's difficult to tranfer from one plc to other plc.

The textual IEC 61131-3 languages are quite easy to port. Often little more than a copy and paste. I have done this with good success.

But the IEC did not define a standard format to port the graphical languages SFC, FBD and ladder. So you will have to reconstruct it completely.

regards
Friedrich Haase