Moving data into a bit shift

josepa

I need some help...I'm trying to input a single bit into a bit register (BSR) from another's bit shift (BSR) unload bit . I configured the bit address of the first with the unload bit of the second one. What I'm trying to do is to after inputing the first bit, run(shift) the first (BSR) 8 times before accepting another input from the second bit shift register's unload bit. Right now is working, is getting the unload bit from the second bit shift and putting it into the load bit of the first, but I want to control when to accept the next incoming bit. Is this the right approach?? Is there a more effiient way to accomplish this?? Could someone point me in the right direction??!! Please!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanx

You don't put in a bit or not into the second, or any, bsr. The bit address is always the same. What you can do, and must do, is to decide when this bit is a one and when it is a zero. Use any ladder logic imaginable to do that.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe you should explain what do you want to achieve in detail, solutions maybe around, somebody here can lead you to the right path.

Regards
_______