Modicon AS-B882-239 HSC to AB ControlLogix

aiki202

Has anyone converted (upgraded) from a Modicon AS-B882-239 HSC module (800 Series) to an AB 1756 module that performs the same functionality?

The 800 Series I/O is currently on RIO from a Quantum PLC. The Quantum is staying for now but we would like to add a ProSoft module for EtherNet/IP comms between the Quantum rack and the new AB 1756 rack. Most I/O is simple discrete modules but we do have the HSC modules as well.

It appears that we may need to use the AB 1756-LSC8XIB8I Low Speed Counter module with Peer I/O Control in order to get the same functionality as the Modicon module as we are currently using both hardwire input and output signals to/from the module.

Any perspective or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

It appears that our first challenge is going to be how to communicate between the Modicon Quantum and the AB distributed I/O (1756-ENBT module via EtherNet/IP). I do not see any ProSoft module that provides for this (already requested info from tech support)... I suppose this is an uncommon setup as normally an AB CLX PAC is installed and the old I/O would remain in use.