A-B Logix5000 controllers - tag arrays

mechanizator

Hello all
I am a bit newbie to Allen Bradley controllers - always worked with siemens and mitsubishi. I need to realize some data structure for transport system to use it later in visualization. It's a set of transporters and I'd like to create data structure for transporters that would have the same kind of information (e.g. anomaly, moving forward, moving backward, item presence) - all those information would be given to me as bits. Then I have to visualize those transporters in RSView to show present state of all transport system. I suppose I have to create array with all information for each transporter, is that right?

Thank you for help.
Kind regards

No, you don't HAVE to do anything. I prefer to make data structures that compartmentalize properties that make sense for the process I'm controlling and the HMI would use it just like the logic. Whatever makes sense to you, now and later.

Thank you for such a fast response. I'll try to write more about what I have to realize: there is set of let's say 30 transporters. They're similar one to each other (even if they have one or more details presence). I wanted to realize it as 32 bits for each of them: first 12 that would tell me what kind of anomally is for device (table of anomalies would be the same for all transporters, if anomally is not corresponding to transporter, wouldn't be set) and the rest would tell me about logic state of transporter: e.g. details presence, moving forward/backward, rotation left/right if there's also rotating table, movement up/down for elevator (and of course if it's not corresponding to transporter type, wouldn't be set). Then on visualization I wanted to put some graphics that would correspond to present state of that line and if there is anomally for some of transporters it would be shown; if transporters are moving forward - it would be also shown apart for every transporter; if elevator is moving up at the time when other part of line is moving forward - all these information would be shown.
I have only to tell to software provider what is data structure and then use it for each element. It would be realized basing on SLC5000 controllers family and RSView. 8 PLC would send me data about their part of transporting line. In each part of this would be about 25-35 individual elements to visualize.