LogixPro Silo Simulator

eris667

I am a student at Lafayette Technical College (Louisiana) when I am not working (7/7 offshore) One of my current classes is using the LogixPro Training program as an intro to PLCs. I have attached a link for my solution to the third silo exercise. This solution is functioning but not correct, at a mid-range scan speed it works great - but at a high or low scan speed it does not function reliably. (due to the timer)
I am sure there is a flawless solution to this.. .. ..

Looking for a nudge in the right direction
(renamed file from .rsl to .txt so I could upload)

Thanks,

Mike P.

Keep on working!

Mike, you are on the right track to getting this sim to work. Why you are experiencing problems with the LogixPro at various scan speeds, I am unsure. However, your program includes a timer for some reason. Revisit the choice of using a timer in this sim. It can be done without timers of any type. This is a logical sequence of events problem. I use LogixPro in my PLC classes that I teach and find it to be a great teaching tool. It is limited to some degree and this may indeed be why you are having troubles. Dump the timer!

Attempt #3 (c) seems to be on the right track.. .. ..
I was not holding the prox sensor out long enough to clear the box.
This is a much cleaner solution, and it functions at ALL scan speeds.

Further critique would be welcome -.-
(relocated NC I:1/6 from rung 002 after picture was posted.. .. ..for better one run and stop operation)

Thanks,

Mike P.

ladderrungs.jpg

Last edited:
eris667,

Okay, you asked for this. Take it as constructive.

1. Consider re-arranging your Outputs in numerical order: O:2/0, O:2/1, etc. This makes it easier to find things and to troubleshoot a much longer program.

2. You used 6 rungs,counting the mandatory End rung, with 6 outputs, two in parallel. There is a way to do Silo Exercise 3 with only 5 rungs. Think about how many contacts (only 3) it would take added to your Rung 2 to replace the entire B3/0 internal output on Rung 1.

Last edited:
silo sim 1

I am also doing the silo sim. I am on the first project. I have everything working but can't get the cycle to loop. Any help? I have tried various things, JMP and LBL,JSR and tried using a status bit. This ladder works but has everything I tried removed. What would be the best approach? Thanks.

LadderRungs_silo1.jpg

silo.JPG

here is a solution to the first silo problem. it really is not the best answer to just give you the solution but seen i am a bit short of time this morning and this is the first problem take a look at it and compre it to yours, i did do this years ago when i was working on that package, so i am sure there will be better solutions out there.

cheers

myles

help

mate can u help me with bottle line simulation its very important for me pls
silo.JPG

here is a solution to the first silo problem. it really is not the best answer to just give you the solution but seen i am a bit short of time this morning and this is the first problem take a look at it and compre it to yours, i did do this years ago when i was working on that package, so i am sure there will be better solutions out there.

cheers

myles

Andrejj,
let me say that I am not familiar enough with the routine you are working on to say a lot about it. Let me give you some pointers for the real world. First I would stay away from using indicator lamp outputs to actuate other logic in your program. Many times lamps will have lamp test buttons. Anything actuated by a lamp will then be actuated by the test button. The nature of PLC programs are that they can be changed. So just because it didnt have one when you put it in doesnt mean it wont have one in a year. Also, I believe a well written program is not a concise, compact program. We are not computer scientists attempting to optimize our code for size (after Microsoft I am not sure anyone is any more). Our focus is on readability of the logic and making it easy for the next poor sapp that has to follow our logic.

Ok, now to address your problem - but you didnt let us know what the problem is... I would assume from your logic that it is not properly moving the next bottle into position. You need to figure a way to keep that motor running until the next bottle is in place. Maybe something to keep the motor running after the full light goes off??? With the logixpro you can run single scan to check things out. Play with that and see what you come up with.

Russell

aaaa

my problem is that i would like if someone have solution to send me on my e-mail becouse i really dont have a clue about this and i need it ergant
Andrejj,
let me say that I am not familiar enough with the routine you are working on to say a lot about it. Let me give you some pointers for the real world. First I would stay away from using indicator lamp outputs to actuate other logic in your program. Many times lamps will have lamp test buttons. Anything actuated by a lamp will then be actuated by the test button. The nature of PLC programs are that they can be changed. So just because it didnt have one when you put it in doesnt mean it wont have one in a year. Also, I believe a well written program is not a concise, compact program. We are not computer scientists attempting to optimize our code for size (after Microsoft I am not sure anyone is any more). Our focus is on readability of the logic and making it easy for the next poor sapp that has to follow our logic.

Ok, now to address your problem - but you didnt let us know what the problem is... I would assume from your logic that it is not properly moving the next bottle into position. You need to figure a way to keep that motor running until the next bottle is in place. Maybe something to keep the motor running after the full light goes off??? With the logixpro you can run single scan to check things out. Play with that and see what you come up with.

Russell

my problem is that i would like if someone have solution to send me on my e-mail becouse i really dont have a clue about this and i need it ergant
it is bottle line simulation

None of us will do it for you. If you have specific questions, ask them. Try to solve it yourself first, then we can perhaps find things that are wrong.

But we won't do it for you (at least not without a purchase order...) It's not our problem that you can't do your own homework.

Last edited:
the big problem is that i dont even know how to start and even bigger to solve it becouse i havent been doing nothing in this programme in the past