You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old June 17th, 2017, 10:10 PM   #1
JZerb
United States

Screen Recording on Panelview 800

I want to be able to control a Panelview 800 from my laptop screen, whilst running an screen recorder program. so that i can use that footage in editing software, in a picture in picture style screen that would show what the machine would do as the operator would press certain buttons on the HMI. is that possible to control the panelview 800s in that way?
Old June 18th, 2017, 11:37 AM   #2
labeledas
Canada

From what I am reading it looks like you can test and run in a browser using panelview explorer, but I am not sure if it just runs the test on the actual hmi itself and the browser just initiates it

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m001_-en-e.pdf

The PanelView Explorer feature is only supported on PanelView 800
terminals with firmware revision 2.020 or earlier. It is not supported
from firmware revision 3.011 onwards.
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:48 PM   #3
Helliana
United States

Page 96 of the manual located at http://literature.rockwellautomation...m001_-en-e.pdf shows how to setup vnc. You can then use a vnc client on your PC to view the screens on the Panelview800 via a ethernet connection.
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:54 PM   #4
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

edit: once again I failed to understand the task at hand so I deleted my comment. I had PV+ in my head...

Last edited by dmroeder; June 18th, 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #5
JZerb
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helliana View Post
Page 96 of the manual located at http://literature.rockwellautomation...m001_-en-e.pdf shows how to setup vnc. You can then use a vnc client on your PC to view the screens on the Panelview800 via a ethernet connection.
i read that as well, and watched the youtube video Rockwell actually posted as to how to setup the VNC on the Panelview 800s, but wasnt sure if there was another way to accomplish what i wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmroeder View Post
edit: once again I failed to understand the task at hand so I deleted my comment. I had PV+ in my head...
i didnt read your post but i assume you mentioned something about just running the Test Display in FTVS while connected to the PV+ to control it. I was hoping there was a way to do that was CCW, but i dont believe there is.
Old June 18th, 2017, 11:23 PM   #6
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZerb View Post
i read that as well, and watched the youtube video Rockwell actually posted as to how to setup the VNC on the Panelview 800s, but wasnt sure if there was another way to accomplish what i wanted.

i didnt read your post but i assume you mentioned something about just running the Test Display in FTVS while connected to the PV+ to control it. I was hoping there was a way to do that was CCW, but i dont believe there is.
You are exactly right, that is where I was headed.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum