Rslinx & Excel

viki2000

V
" I am using RSLINX to take data from PLC to an Excel Worksheet.
Each time when I start my Excel document a dialog box is starting and is asking me if I want to update my data from cells, I say YES and then another dialog box is asking me if I want to start the RSLINX application. I click YES, but is not starting. So, for a normal running I have to start first ("manual") my RSLINX application and after that I can start my Excel workbook. After that the dialog box is coming on asking me if I want to update the data from cells and everything is working normal (I am "online" with data from PLC in my sheet).
What I need is: -How can I make to start the RSLINX application when I start my Excel workbook, or how can I make to start the RSLINX application exactly then (after the second dialog box) when the Excel is asking me to do that.
Victor.

You start rslinx on demand or automatically,if you go to services in control panel you can set rslinx to start automatically,manually or else on demand.You can also do this in rslinx in the config drivers section under start up.

try this it should work!