FTview- Update Banner with Main Mimic Title

Quango62

Hi,

I am using FTview v12.0, Local application.

The client has requested a Top Banner with Mimic Name, date/time etc, a main mimic area and a Bottom banner with alarm and events.

The issue I have is updating the "Mimic title" with its corresponding Mimic name within the "Top Banner" as it it docked separately to the top. At present the solution I found best was to run a Start Up Macro within the mimic, which reloads the Top Banner with a parameter file which contains the active mimic title within it. As below

Mimic01 _> Display Settings -> Start Up Macro
Display Banner_Top /PMimic01 /DT

This solution would mean reloading the top banner each time. Which doesnt seem an ideal solution. I had tried to use the "SET" command from the start up macro and write to a String HMI tag for use with displaying Mimic Title, however this was painfully slow.

Also looked at VBA options, however I am sure there is a simpler solution available.

Anyone have any ideas?

VBA will definitely get the job done. Have you tried a literal string?

On the text object properties -> General -> /*LS:0 {#1}*/

In your parameter file #1 = Text you need to display

Hi ,

Thanks for the responses.

sigmadelta - That would make life alot easier to have the text display within the mimic and not top banner, however the client have requested a docked top banner.

MorphuisOGrady - Yes I have been using a LS with parameter file. The issue is that I have a top banner, main display area and bottom banner. Navigation changes the main display area and the docked (/DT) "Top banner" should remain unchanged other than the mimic title ({#100}). When I call the main display with the parameter file the "Top banner" does not update (I assume the parameters file only pulls in parameters (/P) to the display defined , not all displays that are active.

So the solution I have used is whenever the main mimic is changed, I also "Display" the top banner again with the applicable Parameter file (/P) via a start up macro within the Display. This means that the complete top banner reloads, which seems unnecessary. What I would like to do is when the main mimic are changes, the parameter in the top banner is updated only, not reloading the whole top banner.

I've attached some screen shots to see if that helps. Thanks again

layout.png Topbanner.jpg

Not sure if this is useful or not, but you can create a banner is the global objects and drop it into each screen. (This step can be skipped)
I use a txt for title page "SCREEN NAME" and under text properties there is a field called name (insert a variable here call it "X").
On the screen right click and select VBA code. Create a VBA code
Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()
X.caption = thisdisplay.name
End_Sub
This will change the txt of the ScreenName with variable X to the display name of the window. Let me know if this helps.

How about a List Indicator? Whenever you enter a screen, set an internal tag to a unique value which would be a screen number, and the List Indicator will change text to your screen name.

Example:
ListIndicatorTag = 0, Caption = Main Screen
ListIndicatorTag = 1, Caption = Screen1
etc...

FT_View_SE_List_Indicator.png