Studio 5000 V.21

Hglynn

I'm trying to open a file that is V.21.03. I have V.21.00 and it will not open. I'm aware that V.21.03 is a heavy security file. Is there anybody that can help me open this file? I have no plans to upgrade to V.21.03. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Go ahead and post that file in ZIP format, and someone may be able to save it as *.L5K, which you should be able to modify the header on and open in v21.00.

It would be ideal to upgrade to the last release of Studio 5000 Logix Designer v21, which resolves both the security signature conflict and the compatibility issue.

Who wants to be at 21 again?...

Ken Roach said:
...It would be ideal to upgrade to the last release of Studio 5000 Logix Designer v21, which resolves both the security signature conflict and the compatibility issue.

Ken, I was pretty sure but I double-checked just in case. It's been a while since I've looked at anything to do with the Product Resiliency incompatibilities and where Rockwell are on it all...

They did release RSLogix 5000 v20.04, and subsequently v20.05 of which either will restore the minor version incompatibility introduced in Product Resiliency RSLogix 5000 v20.03. Interestingly, they no longer offer v20.03 for download so it appears they have abandoned this feature for v20 going forward?

However, for Product Resiliency Studio 5000 v21.03, which is still available, and while they have released subsequent sub-minor updates (v21.03.01, v21.03.02), they have not chosen to restore the minor version incompatibility issue for Studio 5000 v21, thus far. Their fix, if I recall, was releasing v23 also as a Product Resiliency version but without the minor version incompatibilities? This option, of course, allows users continue to use the Product Resiliency features if they need to, but without the headache of the minor version hoodoo.

So no, unfortunately the v21.03 "damage" is still not reversible within the v21 releases and never likely to be at this stage?

It's the only time I'll say I do not want to be back at 21!

Regards,
George

They did release RSLogix 5000 v20.04, and subsequently v20.05 of which either will restore the minor version incompatibility introduced in Product Resiliency RSLogix 5000 v20.03. Interestingly, they no longer offer v20.03 for download so it appears they have abandoned this feature for v20 going forward?

However, for Product Resiliency Studio 5000 v21.03, which is still available, and while they have released subsequent sub-minor updates (v21.03.01, v21.03.02), they have not chosen to restore the minor version incompatibility issue for Studio 5000 v21, thus far. Their fix, if I recall, was releasing v23 also as a Product Resiliency version but without the minor version incompatibilities? This option, of course, allows users continue to use the Product Resiliency features if they need to, but without the headache of the minor version hoodoo.

So no, unfortunately the v21.03 "damage" is still not reversible within the v21 releases and never likely to be at this stage?

And this, friends, is from a company that wants money for support ??? Go figure....

I assumed they fixed the minor version incompatibility in V20.XX because the L6X processor series caps at v20. I believe that about anything that can run V21 should be able to run V23 so there is no concrete reason to stay at V21 when other newer options are available.