RFIDeas Reader Module Connection Limit Exceeded

btjiii

I am trying to connect a RFIDeas RFID card reader to an Ethernet Card in a Controllogix system. 1756-ENBT/A ver. 6.006. The Module is setup as Ethernet-Module.

Input 100 Size 38
Output 111 Size 4
Configuration 128 Size 0

This setup has worked with other systems in our plant.

Any ideas?

Thanks

First you need to know how many connections are being used. I believe you can navigate to the embedded web page of the card and check it there. Open a web browser and type the IP of the card. Once there I’m pretty positive you can see how many connections are being used.

If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will chime in.

I’ve used one of these RFIdeas PCProx Ethernet/IP and never had an issue and don’t remember any specific settings I had to change.

The current PLC you are trying to connect, is there any Ethernet IO, produce/consume tags, or HMIs?

Assembly numbers 100 and 101 are the most commonly used for Input and Output data. Are you certain it's 111, not 101 ?

Check connectivity with PING, and TCPING, with a Web browser, and with RSLinx browsing.

Is the error code shown for the I/O tree connection still 16#0204 ?

Once you've verified connectivity using those methods, we can look at the PLC program and configuration.

(oh, and: GO IRISH !)

Added it to RSlinx no problem. Went to the webpage on the device no problem. Looking at TCP Connections Limit 64, Current TCP Connections 6. CIP Connections Limit 128 CIP message connections 8. Also, not showing 16#0204 anymore, now it's showing 16#0113 Module Connection limit exceeded.

Last edited:
I think I have discovered the problem. The other cardreader was bad. Also, was using the wrong IP address I replaced it, now getting 16#0204 not able to ping either. I think this is being blocked by the Cisco switch. I will have to get with IT in the morning to add it to the domain.

Thank you all for your help.