DINT to Array of INT

Rony16

Hello,

Iam new here and use Rslogix for first Time.

How can I move DINT_Value to an Array Of INT.

For example:

Move DINT_Value1 to Array_INT[3] and [4].

And also I need the opposit Solution too:

Move Array_INT[1] and [2] to DINT_Value2

Hello,

Iam new here and use Rslogix for first Time.

How can I move DINT_Value to an Array Of INT.

For example:

Move DINT_Value1 to Array_INT[3] and [4].

And also I need the opposit Solution too:

Move Array_INT[1] and [2] to DINT_Value2
Copy function might do it for you, just be careful how you use it.

thank you BruceJW for your answer,

can the following work:

Cop:
Source:- INT_Value1
Dest:- Array_INT[3]
Length:- 2 // i need the value to be moved in Array_INT[3]and [4]

Other direction:
Cop:-
Source:- Array_INT[1] // i need the value that should be moved to DInt from Array_INT[1]and [2]
Dest:- INT_Value2
Length:2

thank you BruceJW for your answer,

can the following work:

Cop:
Source:- INT_Value1
Dest:- Array_INT[3]
Length:- 2 // i need the value to be moved in Array_INT[3]and [4]

Other direction:
Cop:-
Source:- Array_INT[1] // i need the value that should be moved to DInt from Array_INT[1]and [2]
Dest:- INT_Value2
Length:2
if I recall correctly, length is the source length.

so a dint can got to int[3] andint [4] if specify length of 1.

edit, my bad, I just checked, it's the destination length, so you would need to use a length of 2

Last edited:

so a dint can to got to int[3] andint [4] if specify length of 1.
what i need is not to get the same DINT_Value in INT[3] and in int[4]
what i need is to slice DINT_Value, that first part of DINT_Value go to int[3] and second part to int[4]

Last edited:
what i need is not get the same DINT_Value in INT[3] and in int[4]
what i need is to slice DINT_Value, that first part of DINT_Value go to int[3] and second part to int[4]
sorry I edited my post about length, make it 2, then it should do it.

Two BTDs (Bit Field Distribute) might be what you seek. This is a bit level copy without concern for a positive or negative value. Depending how you want to slice (what you call the first part), you might swap [3] and [4] and/or going reverse, swap Dest bits 0 and 16.

BTD
Source - DINT_Value1
Source bit - 0
Dest - INT[3]
Dest bit - 0
Length - 16

BTD
Source - DINT_Value1
Source bit - 16
Dest - INT[4]
Dest bit - 0
Length - 16

Reverse:
BTD
Source - INT[1]
Source bit - 0
Dest - DINT_Value2
Dest bit - 0
Length - 16

BTD
Source - INT[2]
Source bit - 0
Dest - DINT_Value2
Dest bit - 16
Length - 16

Last edited:
sorry I edited my post about length, make it 2, then it should do it.
Thanks, it is working. To be sure better one moniter it using hex, or moving DINT_Value1 to Array_INT then move this Array_INT to DINT_Value2 to see if DINT_Value2 is same like DINT_Value1

@5618 i will try it later, thank you

No, it is the other way, the length is the number of elements of the destination.

The instruction calculates the number of bytes to copy by multiplying the number of bytes of the destination's data-type by the length specified, then it copies that number of bytes from the source to the destination.

COP, CPS, and FLL can be very destructive if you get your length specification wrong.

If the destination is a single tag, then you are protected against having the length too long, because the instruction will terminate when the destination tag has no more space for data.

But if the destination is an element of a structure (UDT) tag, then those instructions will trample over the following elements within that structure.

No, it is the other way, the length is the number of elements of the destination.

The instruction calculates the number of bytes to copy by multiplying the number of bytes of the destination's data-type by the length specified, then it copies that number of bytes from the source to the destination.

COP, CPS, and FLL can be very destructive if you get your length specification wrong.

If the destination is a single tag, then you are protected against having the length too long, because the instruction will terminate when the destination tag has no more space for data.

But if the destination is an element of a structure (UDT) tag, then those instructions will trample over the following elements within that structure.
yes, it is actually quite fascinating what it does when messed up.