Retain Controller Data in an HMI tag (Allen-Bradley)

why don't you just cut the chase and replace position feedback with something absolute?
how many hours you have spent pondering this? do you sleep ok? is it worth it?
do it right and forget about it. absolute encoders don't cost an arm and leg, sure cost less
than single trip to UAE.
what kind of positon accuracy and range we are talking about? maybe laser sensor etc. would be good enough...

Similar Topics

How to retain Values in CCW software? I am using CCW software and I can not find the Retain function in this software. Not even local or global...
Replies
Views
In a data block, if the tag is ticked in the "Retain" column", is it meant to be retained after cycling the power to the PLC? I'm finding that...
Replies
Views
The PLC in question is a S7-1212C. The PLC will be transportable on a wheeled trolley and used wherever it's needed in the factory. I've been...
Replies
Views
I've got a bunch of tags in my code & there's a column called "Retain" (by default they were all un-ticked) - see pic. "LaserN mm" is a distance...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hoping the community here can help as I'm new to PLC programming. The project I'm working on is using a Micro850 2080-LC50-24QBB and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom