RSlogix uninstallation problem

Preeya

I recently purchased a laptop with Win XP pro. I installed RSlogix 500 version 4.0 on it. During installation I chose the security feature also. But later I decided to uninstall that feature as I felt I won't need it. So I uninstalled the security using control panel add/remove programs. It uninstalled successfully.

I then wanted to install the activation file for the software to run. As I do not have a floppy drive, I shared someone elses floppy drive on the network and mapped it as my A: The master disk was in that computer. The move operation was successful, but when I tried to run the software it did not recognize the activation file installed. So we moved the activation file back to the master disk.

Now when I try to uninstall RSlogix through the control panel, it gives me an error saying 'connection attempt failed, contact security administator'.
- is there a problem because I installed and uninstalled security feature?
- or is it because its an older version and I have Win XP pro?
- how do I uninstall RSlogix software?

Please help me! Thanks

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I had logged in as Administrator while installing and uninstalling the software. So I don't think it is a windows error.

You must have tried pretty hard to install RSLogix 5000 version 4.0 on this PC. RSLogix 500 wouldn't install on Windows XP until version 5.2.

The software you probably installed was the Security Client, which usually requires a networked or standalone Security Server. RSLogix 500 still thinks that Security Client is installed, even though you removed it.

There's an RSI technote, E8155 , that describes the registry edits necessary to remove RSLogix 500 from this PC.

When you reinstall, use Version 5.20 and go borrow a floppy drive.

Thanks a lot guys, Your replies were very useful. I have ordered the newer version.