robot technology

danco59

I want to build a robot for my grandson and thought about using a plc for the brain. I was wondering if anyone else has done this sort of thing and also where to get a cheap inexpensive PLC that is powered by 12-24 vdc. I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.

Danco59

plc for a robot brain

I've had plans for quite a while to do the same thing with my son, and have purchased several small plc's on E-Bay for a decent price.You can also find programming software there also.

4 my project

please give me an information about robotic arm,complete,with ladder diagram,thanks before

Last edited:
ibn, please give me comeplete answers to all Spanish 2010, Economics 2010, Literature Heritage 3020, and U.S. History up to 1877 examinations. Thanks in advance.

dale

look around for a hero1 robot,,ive seen a few on ebay, heathkit had a few awesome ones,,i have one ill let go for a decent price,,

Fred Raud

Hero 1, Is that the Radio Shack robot? I bought one at a garage sale a few years ago for a few bucks. It now sits in some unkown box somewhere. My son (7) wants an electronics kit for his birthday next week. I wonder if it'll be too much for him to fathom if I put it togeather with a DL05??

Hmmmm....

Edit:

I just googled Hero 1. Wrong robot. The one I have is like a mini assembley robot with a single hand/gripper and a stationary base.

Last edited:
elevmike said:
Hero 1, Is that the Radio Shack robot? I bought one at a garage sale a few years ago for a few bucks. It now sits in some unkown box somewhere. My son (7) wants an electronics kit for his birthday next week. I wonder if it'll be too much for him to fathom if I put it togeather with a DL05??

Hmmmm....

Edit:

I just googled Hero 1. Wrong robot. The one I have is like a mini assembley robot with a single hand/gripper and a stationary base.

hero 1 is a pretty bad a$$ little learning tool,,especially if your into assembly language

Fred Raud

Hey, whatever happened to Heathkit anyway. When I was a kid my dad buit a pretty good Heathkit sterio. Funny enough I still have the speakers, authough I've replaced the woofers, they've held up pretty well.

elevmike said:
Hey, whatever happened to Heathkit anyway. When I was a kid my dad buit a pretty good Heathkit sterio. Funny enough I still have the speakers, authough I've replaced the woofers, they've held up pretty well.

Wow! Heathkit !

That sure brings back memories :)

HeathKit Lives!!!

They're still at it! They use to have a plant in St. Joseph, MI and now are headquartered near to where my dad use to work in Benton Harbor, MI. Googling brings up a lot of history info from HERO to ham stuff.

Last edited:
Buy 07kt92 / 07kt93

My name is Fábio. I work for a graphic company in Brazil. I am writing because I am looking for PLC ABB 07KT92 e 07KT93 to buy. However, it isn´t easy, for they are discontinued. Please, if somebody has or knows where I can find them I will be very happy

don't insult me , if , I will tell

I think microcontroller is good way to develop but if you understand ladder i think it is not difficult