Measure light levels with PLC?

Garyuk

I am hoping to use the analogue inputs (0-20mA or 0-10V) to measure ambient light levels. I am sure this must be quite easy using LDR or similar but being more of an electrical than electronic person I need some help with the details. Circuit ideas or links gratefully received!

I would try using a photoswitch with an analog output. Connect the photoswitch output to your PLC anlalog input. Your signal from the photoswitch will vary from 4 to 20 miliamps, depending on the light level it is receiving. Several brands are available, including Allen-Bradley, Cutler-Hammer, Siemens, and Square-D.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Greeting experts! We have a new machine we just built. It is equipped with regenerative drives. The machine uses Beckhoff controls (PLC and...
Replies
Views
Hey all. I have decided, for my own curiosity, that i want to know, and chart, exactly how much power my air conditioner actually consumes. And...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I don't have to much experience in the PLC. I'm using the Studio 5000 v32.03 We are trying to measure the length of a product, in...
Replies
Views
For part of our test system, we need to measure water level inside a chamber, which is under vacuum. We were successfully using one of these by...
Replies
Views
Hi Members, Currently, I'm working with Motor Generator speed measurement. Just wondering if possible or not my integration system for speed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom