Beckhoff Windows 10 Serial Communication Driver

cirul

Hi all,

I am currently migrating from Windows 7 system to Windows 10 using the CX5130-0155 controller with an RS232 interface but, found a problem in serial communication where in fact it runs well in Windows 7 machine. As I checked on the device manager the PCI Simple Communication Controller is unknown or doesn't have a driver installed. Does anyone have an idea to where I can find a device driver? I tried searching the net but can't find any. Thanks

Hi CommissioningMan,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I tried right-clicking and search automatic update with internet connection on my system and also browse my computer for downloaded driver files I searched on the net but still no luck.

Right now I follow the link you gave and download the intel drivers but when I install it prompted that "The system is not supported'.

I understand that for this CX5100 series with Windows 10 image, we can configure the serial interface to use for TwinCat or Windows by changing some bios setup. But for my application, I will be using the serial interface in standard Twincat application so the defaults bios setup should be used. When I tried setting the bios for Windows I can't detect the serial com during scanning in my twincat.

Make a call to your local Beckhoff support. It's free and they usually are very good at helping with even obscure problems.

And when you mention something isn't working on their products, they are even more inclined to find a solution for you ;-)