counters

gaannesh

i want to make seed counter with 6 lane of seeds passing at the vibratory conveyors with six sensors to count in one counter. Is it possible ?

i made with one line with readily available counter in the market.

But how to count six inputs in one counter.

If by plc can i use the 6 inputs for counting.if so any special PLC selection to be considered.

Assuming your sensors provide distinct on/off states for each seed then standard PLC inputs may be able to read them. Establish a one-shot for each input then use the one-shot of each in 6 separate rungs to increment the same numeric location. Incrementing a numeric value is the essence of a counter. Then follow with the needed logic to utilize the count.

The timing of the inputs - how long ON and how long OFF minimums will help to determine type of input and possibly PLC type.

If you're talking about six sensors connected to six different inputs all triggering one counter then my question is why? Why not collect all six sensor data and then combine them? If on the other hand, you are talking about six sensors connecting to one physical input on a PLC that is the counter, then I would say, not with any reasonable level of accuracy. Wiring will be a pain but depending on the sensor input it should be doable. The problem you will run into is when two sensors trigger at the same time or slightly overlapped. In both cases two triggers will look as if they were only one and that's with just two sensors overlapping. What if three or four overlapped? Then three or four counts would show up as only one. Now multiply that by say 100 time a second. The accuracy takes a big hit very fast.
Having said all of that, why? Why not have a dedicated sensor with a dedicated input for each line?

Assuming your sensors provide distinct on/off states for each seed then standard PLC inputs may be able to read them. Establish a one-shot for each input then use the one-shot of each in 6 separate rungs to increment the same numeric location. Incrementing a numeric value is the essence of a counter. Then follow with the needed logic to utilize the count.

The timing of the inputs - how long ON and how long OFF minimums will help to determine type of input and possibly PLC type.

Thank you as you suggested i will try this and give the feedback