micro logix 1100 flasher

Is it proper to use the S:4 instruction ie: S:4/12 for a flasher?
Yes, this is done quite often. Just change the bit number to get the flash rate you need.

One reason I don't like this method, however, is that when you activate the logic to enable the device (usually an indicator light), you will likely catch the S:4 bit "mid flash" and it will cause your first pulse to be oddly timed. Not usually a big deal but those kind of things keep me up at night. So, for flashers nowadays I generally use a dedicated timer activated by the enable logic, and a bit of the accumulated timer value to trigger the light (i.e. T4:0.ACC/12).

Ok thank you very much. Do you happen to know if the lower the bit number, the slower the rate?

Ok Thanks again. Its really nice to be able to ask a question and get a quick response. I like this site!!!!

I just do Old Skool flashers with two timers like the attached pic. Just use the TT... It breaks the boredom of everything flashing at the same time.

FLASHER.jpg

Last edited: