FactoryTalk View Studio Freezes on Activex Control

ajh305

I'm having an issue with my factorytalk. I have an activex control on a screen and when I go to that screen on my PC it works fine. But when I load that program onto a shop computer FactoryTalk freezes when I go to the screen with the Activex control on it. I have tried taking the control off my PC and registering it to the shop computer but it still freezes. It is the same version of FT View on both machines. After I force close FT and load it up again it will open the screen fine but will not compile. It comes back with the cannot save tag database error. I can get around that by restarting the OpcEnum service but still need to get around this freezing issue.

How do I find that information?

Depends what version of Windows is on each.

Typically it is stored in your Internet Options.
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options
Then the Tab: Programs
Click "Manage add-ons"
Find the Addon you are using and it will say what Version.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewse-um006_-en-e.pdf
Mentions a bit about if the ActiveX control used to create the project is a higher version than what your terminal is running, that it will fault. They have a lot of warnings about using ActiveX.