How to link recipe object to a string tag?

briana banks

Hi All

How I link a recipe object to a string tag?
So whenever i select a recipe file from its buit-in combobox
it will update the string tag (so i can see the file name in another display)
if it is imposible how can i populate a combobox with
all the available recipe files as the recipe object do.

Thanks

Briana,

In the "Graphics, Display" menu, open a graphic screen where you want the Recipe entry to appear. Then from the top menu, select "Objects, Advanced Objects, Recipe". Then click on the screen where you want the recipe field to appear. A box will open for you to type in the name of the string file associated with the recipe.

Quote from RSView Help files:
Recipe (Objects menu - Advanced Objects)
Use this to create a recipe object that operators can use to specify the name of a recipe file containing data for the numeric and string input fields in a display. You can create a recipe using the Recipe editor under Graphics in the Project Manager or any text editor that produces ASCII files. You can also create a recipe by saving the values in input fields in a graphic display to the file name specified in the Recipe field.

The operator can read data from a recipe file on disk to the input fields, then download these values to the programmable controller. Alternately, the operator can upload values from the programmable controllers into the fields, and then save the contents of the fields to the recipe file.

Important Each display can have only one recipe field.
To create a recipe field
1 Select the Recipe command.
2 Drag the mouse to draw a text field.
3 Release the mouse button to bring up the Recipe dialog box.
4 Enter the default file name.
5 Click OK.

Options
Default File Name
Type a default file name, with no extension, to be put in the recipe field.
Field Length
The length displayed reflects the size of the field you drew. You can change this so that it will accommodate the file name.
Justification
Choose left, center, or right justification for the Recipe field.

To send recipe values to a programmable controller
1 Load the values from the recipe file into the input fields in the display by doing one of the following:
a Press Ctrl R anywhere in the display to set input focus to the recipe object.
b Type the name of the recipe, then press Enter (or +) to restore the values from the recipe file into the input fields in the display.
or
a Click the recipe object to set input focus.
b Press Enter, or double-click to bring up the Recipe dialog.
c Click the Down Arrow to display the recipe list or type a recipe name in the Recipe Name field.
d Click Restore to load the values from the recipe into the input fields.
or
In the command line, type RecipeRestore followed by the name of the recipe, then press Enter.
2 Once the values from the recipe are in the fields in the graphic display, press PgDn or type DownLoadAll in the command line to download the values to the programmable controller.

To upload values from a programmable controller to a recipe file
1 Press PgUp or type UpLoadAll in the command line to read the values from the programmable controller to the input fields in the graphic display.
2 Write the values from the input fields to the recipe file by doing one of the following:
a Press Ctrl W anywhere in the display to set input focus to the recipe object.
b Type the name of the recipe, then press Enter (or +) to save the values from the input fields to the recipe file.
or
a Click the recipe object to set input focus.
b Press Enter, or double-click to bring up the Recipe dialog.
c Click the Down Arrow to display the recipe list or type a recipe name in the Recipe Name field.
d Click Save to write the values in the input fields to the recipe.
or
In the command line, type RecipeSave followed by the name of the recipe the values are to be written to, then press Enter.
Tips
· When you use Ctrl R or Ctrl W to set input focus, you do not have to use the Restore and Save buttons in the Recipe dialog because Ctrl R sets input focus and prepares to restore values from a file, and Ctrl W sets input focus and prepares to save values to a file.
· If an upload fails because of a communication error, question marks will appear in the numeric input fields.

Last edited: