Parker Aries Servo Drive

banditbigdog

I have a question on a Parker Aries AR-04SE Servo Drive.

When the direction 5volt commands are as such:
+5 on terminal 12
-5 on terminal 13
The servo will rotate smoothly clockwise when a pulse train is sent to the step inputs.

When the direction 5volt commands are as such:
+5 on terminal 13
-5 on terminal 12
The servo will rotate smoothly counterclockwise when a pulse train is sent to the step inputs.

Also when the servo rotates smoothly the encoder transfer error will remain very low: 0 or 1 when the servo comes to a halt. Even after multiple start / stop cycles.

If no connections are made at direction terminals (12 and 13 open) the servo will rotate "rough" counterclockwise, and the encoder transfer position errors will gradually increase with each start / stop cycle.

The drive instructions state the command inputs are RS-422 compatible, however I need to toggle the direction commands via plc transistor (npn) output, not RS-422.

I created a circuit using 4 each 5volt SSR's controlled by two plc outputs that toggle the + and - drive inputs and it works.

I'm not sure this is the best or correct way to do this.
I would appreciate any input on what is the best way to command the servo drive direction inputs via plc output (Keyence).
DIN rail mounted solutions would be best.

The Parker drive manual states a 26LS32 differential line driver is used to receive the direction + and - input.

Thanks,
Tom