RSLinx OPT Test CLient Won't connect

RUSSRMATIN

R
Gentlemen,

I have just installed RsLinx for RS View version 2.42. I can configure an OPC topic and everything looks kosher, but my client will not connect to the RSLinx server. When I run OPC Test client, I cannot connect to the RSLinx server either. Has anyone seen this before? I installed this version, so I am led to believe I configured something wrongly. Any ideas?

Russ

RSLinx for RSView is a special license of RSLinx that will only serve OPC to an RSView client. No other clients can connect to it, including 3rd parties and the Test Client.

Is your OPC client RSView, or something else ?

Similar Topics

I need to support some old data collection that is running on Excel, but I need to get it running on LibreOffice. The following statement works...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am sorry to ask this, but i still gotta do it. What happens if I close RS linx? Will it cause network interruption and PLCs will lose...
Replies
Views
I was reading about the ability to add a name to an RSLinx Config so that it displayed in the tree, and further read that that functionality was...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am using an Ethernet Driver and have added the IP addresses manually. There are a few IPs that I can ping in command...
Replies
Views
I'm running into a problem when trying to use the RSLinx Backup Restore Utility where it throws an error when it tries to restore a backup. The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom