Ot : Great news...

It is indeed great news.

The not so great thing about it is, - the vaccine need to store below -70 Deg. It is going to create a logistic nightmare. Not many has this facility available, even in the developed world I guess

Back on topic. Bring on the vaccines, so I can go back to spending my life on site commissioning machines that are challenging for customers who will never appreciate the effort :ROFLMAO:
I'll drink to that! 🍻

(at the pub!)

It is indeed great news.

The not so great thing about it is, - the vaccine need to store below -70 Deg. It is going to create a logistic nightmare. Not many has this facility available, even in the developed world I guess

A few weeks ago I heard they are already working on the logistic and have already setup a lot of the infrastructure in place. There are usually big parking area near airports so it would make sense to setup stations at those area near an airport. You can schedule people with electronic means to show up 24x7 to take the vaccine.

I don't see why -70 deg is necessary but it is easy to obtain liquid nitrogen. We used to use liquid nitrogen for cooling (freezing) our motion modules.
I don't see a problem.

There's a problem finding something more readily available currently, perspex.

I imaging liquid nitrogen is abundant when not every medical center country wide is likely to start requesting it.

Yes I noticed AirGas, Air Liquide, and Air Products, and probably others, had a bump in their stock price a few days ago.

xxx.png

I think dry ice (solid CO2) will work too; I thought it sublimed at around -40, but wikip. says it is -78 (Celsius)

With the energy to cool and deposit the CO2, the oil to make the foam boxes the doses are kept in, plus packaging, etc., I wonder what the carbon footprint per dose will be?

Last edited:
This weekend I went out and saw people! In real life! And I went to a pub and had a beer! It was glorious! I cried a little bit!

(but seriously, 11 days straight of zero cases statewide, I'm so f***ing proud of my fellow Melburniuns)

12 Double Doughnuts Today YEH