Omron Sysmac Studio 1.43 slow on VMWare

maxi2570

Anyone is suffering very high latency on keyboard and or basically everything using Sysmac Studio on a virtual machine?
I am using i7-4th gen 32GB RAM and SDD drive as host.
VMWare 16.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Everything on Sysmac Studio is super slow.

Any solution/suggestion?

Thanks
Max

I use it straight in the OS as it behaves well and does not cause any problems at all.

My post is for the people using VMWare and experiencing the same issue hoping they found a solution.
I use several PLC dev software and I cannot install them all into the main OS.
Other software are not affected by the VM as Sysmac Studio is.

Currently 8GB and 1 CPU 4 cores.
Also tried with 16GB but with the same results. Actually with 16GB it seems to be even worse but maybe it is just feeling. For sure not better.

The graphic card is a NVIDIA Quadro K1100M 2GB RAM.
I also upgraded to VMWare 16 because the compatibility with DirectX 11 in order to install the 64bit version. (the 64bit version includes robot dev tools which require DirectX).

I have noticed different performance on a desktop hosted VM vs laptop, although laptop is highly spec’d (perhaps not as much as desktop though)

That difference is also around the VMWare performance though as well, perhaps not specific to SYSMAC