grounding both sides or just 1 side?

Ideally, in ground wiring, it is an arrangement of connections in star, with the connection to the general ground in the center of the star.

This is better to avoid to create loops, although it is usually not possible to avoid it entirely because many devices that are connected to a ground wire are also grounded through the housing.

Shielded cables should be grounded only on one side, the closest to the center of the star.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm connecting several 4-20mA sensors together in parallel (only one shown below) The enclosure is ABS plastic with metal backplate DAQ...
Replies
Views
I have Rhino 120 to 24 dc power supply and it has 2 Positive and 2 negative terminals on the DC side but no ground terminal. Should I connect one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our customer has bought a machine a CNC wood cutting machine. It states that it need a seperate 16mm2 EMV"ground" in addition to our 5G16mm2...
Replies
Views
I have a Beckhoff PLC with many AI modules. Most devices are loop powered using the same +24 VDC power as the Beckhoff Bus Coupler and all is...
Replies
Views
I was once asked a question in a job interview. "Do you ground both ends of a shield?" I answered: "You only ground one end". Apparently that was...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom