View Panelview+ Viewpoint on browser that's behind a backplane

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
So, I want to view the Viewpoint on a Panelview+ that's connected to another, dedicated, network card on a Contrologix chassis.

I asked Rockwell Tech support already and their answer is simply to bring the Panelview+ out to the main network but I thought I ask here just in case someone here knows something.

ViewPoint uses ordinary HTTP, which can't be routed through a ControlLogix backplane.

I think the solutions are to either move the PV+ onto the other network, or provide a NAT device between the networks and forward the appropriate ports to the PV+.

Thanks for that confirmation. In retrospect, that's something to take into consideration during the original design. I have no issue with having I/O on a separate network card but putting the PV+ on a separate card creates its own set of issues.