Sorta OT: ICS Hack at Florida WTP

I bet this happens more often than we know of.

A lot of small utilities don't have the proper control in place and larger one are often dysfunctional.

I agree with some others, as a programmer/designer I think a limit on the setpoint is something that needs to be looked at, if a operator push the 0 to many times the program should reject it and not let an infinite number be entered, I am also a fan of 2 step verification, if would of made it harder for the hacker to get in, not impossible just harder.

harryting said:
I bet this happens more often than we know of.

Thats is a guarantee, I bet most of the operators would just put the setpoint back and not think twice

Similar Topics

In the past, we have used AB 1492 feed thru screw terminals a lot. Lead time on these with our distributor is terrible. Is there an almost...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I've been reading through some training material on sequential relay-controlled pneumatic systems. I've come across a circuit design...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me or direct me toward some info re: making a surge suppressor for 120vac coils, such as would be in a general purpose 8 pin...
Replies
Views
Okay, I'll be the first to admit I'm a dufus when it comes to fluid mechanics. I have a small job that pays nothing (don't you love those) that...
Replies
Views
Not PLC related, but electrical safety nonetheless. Don't wanna fry my maintenance men :nerves: We have a project employing 3 robots, each with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom