Need a copy of old rslogix 5000 v11

rbnice1

Anyone have a direct link or a copy of this old software? I have valid licenses for it on this PC but when I try and download it from rockwell it just says its no longer available and to contact rockwell for firmware upgrade support.

I do not want or need a hacked version. Anyone have a legit copy?

I thought you could just open RSLogix5000 version 16 or 17 and it would convert to that software version. Then you could do a later conversion to RSStudio by using the version 16 or 17 file.

Why would you want to do a project in version 11? That's like the mid to late 90s type of dating.

I thought you could just open RSLogix5000 version 16 or 17 and it would convert to that software version. Then you could do a later conversion to RSStudio by using the version 16 or 17 file.

Why would you want to do a project in version 11? That's like the mid to late 90s type of dating.

While yes you could convert it to another version, you will not be able to work with it online with a controller that is v11. If you need to make changes to a controller that has v11 firmware, then you need v11 software.

Ok thanks guys, but we actually found a old install on our server.

And yes I can upgrade the project and work offline but the processor is so old it maxes out at v11 and we are upgrading the whole system so the customer is not going to swap Processors just so we can make a small change for now.

Last edited:
You could have downloaded directly from Rockwell from their software download site. I see versions back to v7. For v11 they have 11.16. I just downloaded it without issue.

OG

When I go to there site it lets me download a pdf........

it shows up just fine but when you actually download its a pdf and if you read it it says to contact rockwell for firmware upgrade.

Doesn't matter tho since we actually had a copy I didnt know about. Also out license that should cover all rockwell 5000 doesn't.. It covers v12 - v33. So they will need to upgrade it some how. but why it covers V12 - 33 but not 11 is pretty ****ed up.

Last edited:
the older versions used a hidden file (EVRSI.SYS) to activate the software ... this used to come on a 3.5 inch floppy disk - known as the Master Disk or Key Disk ...

maybe you have a copy of that piece of the puzzle lying around somewhere? ...

DISCLAIMER: I'm going by memory here - but I'm pretty sure I've got it right ...

good luck with it ...

the older versions used a hidden file (EVRSI.SYS) to activate the software ... this used to come on a 3.5 inch floppy disk - known as the Master Disk or Key Disk ...

maybe you have a copy of that piece of the puzzle lying around somewhere? ...

DISCLAIMER: I'm going by memory here - but I'm pretty sure I've got it right ...

good luck with it ...

I have everything back to Version 10 installed, all using FactoryTalk Activation associated with an activation dongle