505 WorkShop Timers

AD@brady

I was assigned a small programming project for a certain output to be turned on after 6 hours.

From what I saw on the Tech Manual 505 TMRs can only have the following preset parameters:
-- Preset: Constant Only - 0000.0 –3276.7 sec

Would this have to be done through a special function? o_O

Regards,

Set a timer for 30 minutes (1800 sec). When the timer is done increment a counter by 1 and restart the timer. Once the counter gets to 12 turn on the output.

Make sense?

Yes. Absolutely.
I was so focused on trying to get it done with just one function/instruction that it inhibited my thinking outside the box
Why didn't I think of using timer and counters ?????

Thanks

For the utmost flexibility:
use a timer with 60 second preset

have its output stroke a counter to count minutes

have the output of this minutes counter stroke a counter to count hours

Tom