Import PLC Code from Allen-Bradley PLCs to B&R Automation Studio

stefanF

Hello guys,

iam planning to switch from Allen-Bradley PLCs to B&R PLCs.

Does anyone of you know if its possible to import the Logic in Automation Studio?

thanks a lot. your help is very appreciated.

StefanF

You don't say which platform is it SLC, PLC5 etc.
Assuming older models then there is probably no way to convert between different manufacturers only brute force, the reason for this is older platforms did not use IEC standards & ST which are supposed to be transportable, there are also the problems of special cards like analogue, high speed counters, coms etc. Even when converting modern platforms which use IEC, there would still be plenty of errors, from my experience, even converting from Siemens S5 to S7 was problematic, for example, special function blocks etc. So unless some bright spark has built a utility to do the conversion I would say it is unlikely.

If the logic on the RSLogix side is ST, then you should be able to copy-paste, but then you'll most likely still have to go in and manually convert things here and there.
If the logic on the RSLogix side is in LD, then forget it.