Issues downloading WinCC program

stayclashy80

Hey guys,

So I'm adding a new HMI alarm and so I had to update alarm text in winCC. I compiled and went to download and get an error for communication. Trying to figure out how to get the file to the the HMI.

downloading hmi program error.png

There is a wincc runtime loader program on the HMI PC with these settings. Trying to figure out if I need to manually move the file into the location listed here?

wincc runtime loader settings.png

WOOHOO finally got it working. My co-worker showed me how to fix it. He said something is wrong with the settings on the computers and it will not allow the program to be downloaded through the software. He showed me I had to copy the PData hmi file from the plc workstation PC and then go to the HMI PC and replace the file in the path shown in the above picture for the loader settings. I basically had to manually shoot the file into the correct path for the WinCC runtime loader program. After I replaced the file in the path I closed out the runtime and then started it back up again using the loader program and it came back up with the new HMI changes.

Based on the settings above make sure your interface is set to Ethernet and not Profinet on your programming device when you go to download.

If the runtime PC has any firewall or AV that could block the connection also.