Firmware on Tia portal download

Cjohan

Hi

If i download to a new PLC with firmware V4.4 and i use Tia portal v11 to make the download will it downgrade the firmware of the new PLC or not

Thanks

Hi

If i download to a new PLC with firmware V4.4 and i use Tia portal v11 to make the download will it downgrade the firmware of the new PLC or not

Thanks

TIA Portal does not automatically change PLC firmware, although it is possible. Generally, as long as the PLC FW is newer, it will work fine without any change: V2.6 project can be downloaded into v2.8 S71500 with no issues.

HOWEVER, for security reasons, they had to break compatibility when the S71200s went from V3 to V4 FW. I think the V4 CPUs require at least V13 to be used, but I could be wrong on the Step 7 version.

TIA Portal does not automatically change PLC firmware, although it is possible. Generally, as long as the PLC FW is newer, it will work fine without any change: V2.6 project can be downloaded into v2.8 S71500 with no issues.

HOWEVER, for security reasons, they had to break compatibility when the S71200s went from V3 to V4 FW. I think the V4 CPUs require at least V13 to be used, but I could be wrong on the Step 7 version.

I believe the difference is 64bit and 32bit coding. Changed at TIA V15.