Omron CJ2M with modbus TCP

cesaromero

Hello
Is possible to communicate an PLC Omron CJ2M CPU33 with HMI thorough Modbus TCP, if is possible, how? whats is de modbus map register
Thanks

Yes but you will need a CJ1W-ETN21 Ethernet card and a function block from Omron (free). The function block uses sockets and the onboard EIP Ethernet port does not have sockets. You make your own register map in the PLC.

Hello
Is possible to communicate an PLC Omron CJ2M CPU33 with HMI thorough Modbus TCP, if is possible, how? whats is de modbus map register
Thanks

If your HMI have Ethernet/IP or OMRON protocol you can connect them directly.
But if you really need to use Modbus TCP you can use function block on OMRON website below with CJ1W-ETN-21 to be Modbus TCP server.

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1245