Problem with online/offline GSDML difference

doomsword

This is problem with Siemens S7-1517F-3 PLC. We have some ASI modules which are manufactured by IFM GmbH. When I go online they show green (everything OK), but on closer inspection says what is posted in picture below, that there is difference between loaded configuration and offline project. So I figured out problem is with incorrect GSDML and read in manual you can download it from ASI gateway (master) itself via web interface. Which I did and reinstalled the file.

But still doesn't show everything is fully OK, it tells the same and I checked in project folder that GSDML file in project is one from ASI gateway (also, I compared original .xml from project and .xml from ASI gateway and beside some descriptive text there were no differences in configuration).
You can see on pictures for some modules it says it's OK but acceptable mismatch and for one it says just online/offline mismatch and gives red light on ASI gateway. All devices under control of ASI are working fine by the way.

I don't understand how do I make offline and online to match completely? Do I need to redownload hw configuration to PLC? I thought I just need to have the same GSDML files online and offline? Any ideas?

pic1.png pic2.png pic3.png

This is problem with Siemens S7-1517F-3 PLC. We have some ASI modules which are manufactured by IFM GmbH. When I go online they show green (everything OK), but on closer inspection says what is posted in picture below, that there is difference between loaded configuration and offline project. So I figured out problem is with incorrect GSDML and read in manual you can download it from ASI gateway (master) itself via web interface. Which I did and reinstalled the file.

But still doesn't show everything is fully OK, it tells the same and I checked in project folder that GSDML file in project is one from ASI gateway (also, I compared original .xml from project and .xml from ASI gateway and beside some descriptive text there were no differences in configuration).
You can see on pictures for some modules it says it's OK but acceptable mismatch and for one it says just online/offline mismatch and gives red light on ASI gateway. All devices under control of ASI are working fine by the way.

I don't understand how do I make offline and online to match completely? Do I need to redownload hw configuration to PLC? I thought I just need to have the same GSDML files online and offline? Any ideas?

If you made a change in the offline project and never downloaded it, then yes, it seems likely that you would see some kind of issue until it is redownloaded.

The GSD file downloaded in the PLC needs to match your project, and it also needs to match what really exists in the field. I've seen cases where the correct GSD file was used, but it was set up incorrectly, and so it didn't match. Could be what's going on here.

.... I've also seen cases where the GSD file had one part number stored in it, but the module actually reported something else, so you just had to accept that XYZ device will always have that error. Sometimes it was a capitalization thing, sometimes the GSD file had hyphens to separate the part number, but the device used spaces, sometimes it was a suffix (possibly like your "/02" at the end in one photo.

If you made a change in the offline project and never downloaded it, then yes, it seems likely that you would see some kind of issue until it is redownloaded.

The GSD file downloaded in the PLC needs to match your project, and it also needs to match what really exists in the field. I've seen cases where the correct GSD file was used, but it was set up incorrectly, and so it didn't match. Could be what's going on here.

.... I've also seen cases where the GSD file had one part number stored in it, but the module actually reported something else, so you just had to accept that XYZ device will always have that error. Sometimes it was a capitalization thing, sometimes the GSD file had hyphens to separate the part number, but the device used spaces, sometimes it was a suffix (possibly like your "/02" at the end in one photo.

I will most likely download hw configuration when it's possible to do so. For me its seems to be just problem of description texts since all of these ASIs work.