PLC-5 to ControlLogix Migration

bassettb52

Best way to convert a PLC-5 .RSP file to a Logix5000 .ACD file? Seems AB has quit supporting the project migrator application and you have to go into RSLogix5 V10 or greater and convert the file to import into Logix5000.

First time doing a migration project so any feedback is helpful.

Can't help with your issue. The following is my opinion of conversions:
Don't.
It's like having a horse and buggy, the horse dies, so you buy a new truck to pull your buggy.
Conversion tools don't take advantage of new instructions, methods etc...

Takes more time (and time is money), but re-writing the logic on the new platform is always best.

Unless it is a very, very large project I don't use the project migrator.

Personally I don't like the naming convention the data files are converted to, and have had others complain about it also. I also have had projects where no comments, or very little comments, were brought over and had to go through the entire projects line by line copying them.

Plus, quite often I know of a better way of doing something in the old program that I change in the project.