505 WorkShop V.4.6

AD@brady

Hi Guys,

This is my fist post so take it easy eh.
I am new to PLC programing and need some help.
I was trained in Studio 5000 v.30/31 and I just got hired a by company who uses an older version of Fastrack 505 WorkShop (Version 4.6).
Do any of you have experience with 505?Any recommendations on how to navigate this dinosaur for some one who has experience with Rockwell /AB. (lol)?
I don't even know how to go offline with the project besides closing the program or or how to view/add/delete modules/cards. Don't know if this is even possible
Found the V.8 and 9 User Manual online but I am they may have had some major changes since v4.6 is from 2012.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
AD

Do any of you have experience with 505?
Yes, I do.

I don't even know how to go offline with the project besides closing the program
If you are already Online, just go to File -> Close to close the Online, then File -> Open to open a file.... or you can just go to File -> Open. Offline and Online are separate windows within 505 Workshop.

how to view/add/delete modules/cards
Go to PLC Utilities -> PLC Configuration... then click the 505 I/O button for 505 I/O, Profibus I/O for Profibus remote I/O.

Found the V.8 and 9 User Manual online but I am they may have had some major changes since v4.6 is from 2012.
Very little has changed. But you can view the changelog here:

http://www.fast-soft.com/plugins/content/content.php?cat.16

Yes, I do.

If you are already Online, just go to File -> Close to close the Online, then File -> Open to open a file.... or you can just go to File -> Open. Offline and Online are separate windows within 505 Workshop.

Go to PLC Utilities -> PLC Configuration... then click the 505 I/O button for 505 I/O, Profibus I/O for Profibus remote I/O.

Very little has changed. But you can view the changelog here:

http://www.fast-soft.com/plugins/content/content.php?cat.16
Got it.
I appreciate your help sir.
Thank You!

ONE LAST QUESTIONS:

I am trying to add a math instruction to my logic and when I try to validate the rung i get the following message and the reference number in my MATH instruction becomes highlighted:
"Network 636: illegal ladder network."

I have tried the adding all kinds of numbers in there but it simply will not let me validate the rung.

Do you have any clue ?

Most likely it's not related to the instruction itself, but the structure of the rung. For example, you'd get an error similar to that if you tried to put two OTE's in series (you can do that in Logix 5000, but not 500).

Can you post a screenshot of the rung in question?

Hello ASF

Also different compared to logix is that you can only put two coils in series for a timer. Two for the enable and two for the reset. The .pre value in logix is TCP value, ACC is TCC in 505. There are no tags in 505 all datatypes have fixed Numbers you can only add comments to them. Worked for years with tisoft,workshop and TI/CTI plc,s and for me I had to get used to logix and all the possible combinations you can make in the rungs. Don,t know if you also have to do SFPGM,s and SFSUB,s in the 505? Be aware that they run in a different scan then the ladder.

Kind regards
Henny

In the old TI processors, math was a middle instruction. You have to have an input in front and an output after. I always C511 (old systems only had 512C's) as an always true instruction. Then use it as the input for all math logic. I also used C1 over and over as place holder output.

You could do really nice stuff in the SFPGM,s without converting to other datatype. The later firmware versions from CTI2500 PLC,s supported T memory to T64 instead of T16 and also a highere range of C coils.

and who remembers or visited the Las Vegas congres from CTI and Fastrak in april 2008?

CTI now has a new processor cold Janus for use with modern kind of programming software but you can,t convert workshop programs and don,t know about APT programs. I still wonder how long they keep up because I think most 505 systems are or will be replaced by Rockwell or Siemens systems , only reason to do not would be if there was a conversion possible so that there would be no need for reprogramming.

Kind regards
Henny

Workshop.JPG