scale of tank at half oil level would = 100%

I would like to have a device that would
Provide a 4-20 mA signal.

In your guys past experience
Is there a device that would be durable
To the elements of oil but still monitor
Oil level?

Thanks for helping

There are a lot of different level transmitter that we use in the Oil industry. For a non-contact type of transmitter Emerson makes a good radar gauge.

If you want a float type of transmitter Varec makes a very good float and tape gauge that you can add a transmitter too.

There are many different ways to go here. You budget and accuracy requirements will determine what you end up with.

I would also caution against getting a tank gauge that only covers half the tanks level. That is a good way to have a spill!! Get one that covers the total range of the tank. Even if they only plan on using 50% of it. That always changes in my experience. Do it right the first time and then you never have to worry!!

If you can provide the tank dims and a idea of your budget and accuracy required I may be able to get you some more options.

As Bullzi says your budget and accuracy will play a big part. We are getting ready to install a Rosemount 2501, it will be installed such, that a pipe will be plumbed into the tank with the bottom open.
A rise or fall in the level will change the pressure in the pipe
As a safety we are installing a float for maximum shut off if it occurs.

https://www.instrumart.com/products/24683/rosemount-2051t-pressure-transmitter

Hey Guys,
I was needing some advise on what
device you would recommend using
to read/monitor oil Level from a horizontal
tank?

In normal operation this oil tank would
Only be half full max.
scale of tank at half oil level would = 100%

I would like to have a device that would
Provide a 4-20 mA signal.

In your guys past experience
Is there a device that would be durable
To the elements of oil but still monitor
Oil level?

Thanks for helping

What about a Pressure transducer? use it as hydrostatic level Transmitter. Ultrasonic transmitter might also be a good instrument