Sending email from PC Runtime

Hi all ,

I just changed my Siemens HMI ( MP370 ) created with WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 to a WinCC flexible Runtime , edit my connection to PLC ( as i use non Siemens communicator over Ethernet to WIFI network ) , run simulator on my laptop and i can get data from PLC and HMI , i added trend to PC runtime and working fine .

I wanted to add another option sending discrete alarms to an email , i followed instruction from Siemens and i get the following message
1- While compiler is running :- WinCC flexible / Sm@rtService for PC-RT and WinCC flexible / Sm@rtAccess for PC-RT .
2- Message when project open on laptop :- 70033 , No connection to SMTP server or authentication not possible .

Note : I update WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 to UPD7

Can someone help ?

If you post the insurrections you followed, it might be helpful.

1st message says you need runtime licenses on the RT system. You might already have them.

2nd message says that you aren't connected to the external email server. WinCC isn't an email server, it is a client. It needs a server (exchange, etc) to actually handle the email sending. You may need to set up security, with certificates and such.

If you post the insurrections you followed, it might be helpful.

1st message says you need runtime licenses on the RT system. You might already have them.

2nd message says that you aren't connected to the external email server. WinCC isn't an email server, it is a client. It needs a server (exchange, etc) to actually handle the email sending. You may need to set up security, with certificates and such.

1- Opened my HMI project and change the device from MP370 to PC > WinCC flexible Runtime 1.4.0.0 .
2- integrated the uploaded Step7 project after modify the NetPro with non Siemens communicator ( Ethernet and WiFi for S7ONLINE ) .
3- Changed the connection in WinCC flexible to the new communicator.
4- Start simulation and every thing is great ( i can see alarms , change machine parameter and i added trend and working ) .
5- I needed to send email to administration management about faults from a created account for the machine .
I followed this topic
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/18984102/how-do-you-send-e-mails-from-a-windows-ce-panel-or-pc-with-simatic-wincc-flexible-or-wincc-(tia-portal)-?dti=0&lc=en-WW
Note :- The "Sm@rtService" license is required for implementation in WinCC flexible. (This feature is included in the delivery package of WinCC (TIA Portal).

I check my laptop and i think i have the license
15ogm4l.jpg

but i got those errors

1- Opened my HMI project and change the device from MP370 to PC > WinCC flexible Runtime 1.4.0.0 .
2- integrated the uploaded Step7 project after modify the NetPro with non Siemens communicator ( Ethernet and WiFi for S7ONLINE ) .
3- Changed the connection in WinCC flexible to the new communicator.
4- Start simulation and every thing is great ( i can see alarms , change machine parameter and i added trend and working ) .
5- I needed to send email to administration management about faults from a created account for the machine .
I followed this topic
https://support.industry.siemens.co...lexible-or-wincc-(tia-portal)-?dti=0&lc=en-WW
Note :- The "Sm@rtService" license is required for implementation in WinCC flexible. (This feature is included in the delivery package of WinCC (TIA Portal).

I check my laptop and i think i have the license
15ogm4l.jpg

but i got those errors

The license message when WinCC compiles is just a warning. It is letting you know that the project needs more licenses than just the basic RT license. Usually the RT computer is different from the engineering computer, so it can't check automatically. You have them, so there's no issue.

For the SMTP server errors, you'd need to give a lot more details about your setup, Realistically, you probably need to get your IT guy involved.

The license message when WinCC compiles is just a warning. It is letting you know that the project needs more licenses than just the basic RT license. Usually the RT computer is different from the engineering computer, so it can't check automatically. You have them, so there's no issue.

For the SMTP server errors, you'd need to give a lot more details about your setup, Realistically, you probably need to get your IT guy involved.

The configuration as following PIC

bg5s1u.jpg

5klhkx.jpg

Use restricted Gmail SMTP server to send email messages. This is located at aspmx.l.google.com. This does not require authentication so a greater number of PLC’s will be able to communicate to the server.

http://accautomation.ca/heres-is-a-quick-way-to-send-email-text-messages-from-the-plc/
The above link will explain the restricted gmail server.

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

thanks for trying to help but it didn't work

can you test with Step7 + HMI ( virtual if you have )