Thin manager vs others?

We are looking into getting Rockwell's thin manager for all of our thin clients that run FactoryTalk SE for the main functionality of designing multi monitor setups with just a TV. Do anyone have any pros or cons toward thin manger or is there a better software out there to achieve multi monitor setups with a tv screen?

Thanks,

Derek

I have Thin Manager and it's pretty good. Do make sure you're not screwed over in the licensing and guarantee that you have licenses that allow windows to run WinTMC or, if you fancy, iTMC in your iPhone or tablet.

i have thin manager and it's pretty good. Do make sure you're not screwed over in the licensing and guarantee that you have licenses that allow windows to run wintmc or, if you fancy, itmc in your iphone or tablet.

+1

We used thin manager (Wonderware) and were binning it; you need a Domain and DCHP for it to work. Just causes too many problems. Were going back to Clients that are looking at a Network Project.

Replacing Clients on thin was a doddle, Our problem was infrastructure with the issue with Domain Controller failing, left the whole system down took as the Domain controller cannot backed up with like of Acronis due to the encryption of the domain.

My tip would be if you do go to thin manager check all failure scenarios including power outages of System and Domain controller fails to restart.

We used thin manager (Wonderware) and were binning it; you need a Domain and DCHP for it to work. Just causes too many problems. Were going back to Clients that are looking at a Network Project.

Replacing Clients on thin was a doddle, Our problem was infrastructure with the issue with Domain Controller failing, left the whole system down took as the Domain controller cannot backed up with like of Acronis due to the encryption of the domain.

My tip would be if you do go to thin manager check all failure scenarios including power outages of System and Domain controller fails to restart.

I've heard this complaint before and wonder if it's not a case of more upgrades required to make it work properly? I have one redundant server in a rack with all VMs inside. My VMs are imaged every other day (all of them including 2 DC) and it works really well.

I used Thin Manager on a job in 1998 and it worked great. I would assume it's even better now, unless AB breaks it.
Not sure of any other systems out there that are competitive with it. Which might explain why its so expensive.

My tip would be if you do go to thin manager, check all failure scenarios, including power outages of System and Domain controller fails to restart.

Several Issues here.

1. You should have multiple domain controllers (at least 2)

2. Acronis is Junk / Home software. Use a real backup solution, something like Arc Server or Veeam, and DC backup and restore is zero issues. We do it all the time.

3. We have over 20 Thin Manager installs / projects, most mid to large and never a moments issue. The customers love it.

4. To each his own I guess.