Siemens CPU 224 Program Transfer from EPROM

Rockfordmfg

I have a Siemens S7-200 with a bad output. Bought a new processor, PN 6ES7 214-1AD23-0Xb0, to replace it. I have an EPROM Memory Module, PN 6ES7 291-8GE20-0XA0 from the OEM that has the program on it. Have used it in the past and it seemed to work.

Now when I put this into my new processor I get a "TD 200 RELEASE 2.1.0 NO PARAMETER BLOCK" message on the TD 200 HMI.

The processor will not switch into Run mode with the EPROM installed. If the EPROM is removed and the battery is installed the unit will switch into Run mode but it is not actually working. No outputs and the "TD 200 RELEASE 2.1.0 NO PARAMETER BLOCK"

We don't have any Siemens programming software, only the EPROM modules. Any thoughts on this?

..and don't use the integrated I/O so if/when it fails you don't have to replace the CPU for the sake of a bad output.